Any tips for the garage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB

Obi-MB-Kenobi
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Word on the street is that garages are actually built as a place to keep cars out of the weather! I decided to try out that idea since Joanne just bought a new car last week, and that silly Frances is threatening to mess up the new paint job. Problem is, if I put the car in there, where will I put the 714,627 cubic feet of stuff that is "temporarily" hiding out there now?

MB:
Word on the street is that garages are actually built as a place to keep cars out of the weather! I decided to try out that idea since Joanne just bought a new car last week, and that silly Frances is threatening to mess up the new paint job. Problem is, if I put the car in there, where will I put the 714,627 cubic feet of stuff that is "temporarily" hiding out there now?

Take everything you haven't touched in the last year (obviously you don't need it) and put it in the yard / driveway. Francis will 'store' it for you.

Interesting problem. It takes some organizational skills to actually do it. If you call my Father in Law, he could help you out. He used to have a place in Miami Shores with a one car garage. He had more stuff than you in his one car garage and actually put his car in it.

Send me a plane ticket, I will help. I have my ways of getting a bunch in a little space. I just got a new dive tote and everybody said that would never get all my dive gear in it....I did with room to spare.

I still like the Francis idea.

3dent,
That was pretty darned good !!!!

3dent:
Take everything you haven't touched ... put it in the yard / driveway. Francis will 'store' it for you.

I like this idea more and more. The irony is that I just KNOW that stuff will end up coming thru a window and back into my living room!

MB:
I like this idea more and more. The irony is that I just KNOW that stuff will end up coming thru a window and back into my living room!

Isn't that what the plywood is for?????

Store it in the house if you can, any spare room would be good. Then put it out with the yard waste after Frances and they will take it away for you. Maybe you can smash it up a little as if it were destroyed by the storm as well - you just have to temporarily store it in the house, inside the car, on the car, against the garage door etc in the meantime.

Personally, putting missiles outside to give presents to people who arent boarded up will just get your neighbours upset with you - i know i would be if i saw a great pile out there and found it in my living room the next day - you might get it all back really quickly!! :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom