any suggestions for diving in may?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arcticcat

Reaction score
I need a fix, a diving vacation. Starting around may 28 for about 1 week. My buddy cannot go so I am on my own. Any suggestions please.

Try the Florida Keys. Warm water, very inexpensive lodging and diving compared to most Caribbean destinations, and the airfare is likely cheaper too.

Canada's a big country... if you're on the East coast, the Florida keys or Bimini are nice.. if you're out west, Baja or Hawaii should do.
Rick

Come to Kingston. Lots of shore diving up and down the St. Lawrence River. Just go to one of the dive shops. someone will be willing to go diving, and need a buddy. On the weekend you might be able to join a charter. I know I've got some room, some of the other guys likely will have room too.

Checking with a LDS or charter is good, but heck pick a day, detail your request, and if someone from the board is free -- voila, a diving buddy.

I will be visiting southern ontario in may to do the family thing. If the folks from ontario have any futher suggestion for ontario diving inculding a cheap place to stay feel free to post or send me a message.

But my real need is a diving vacation. Something just away. Been working way too much. My wife cannot go so. Something cheap and no frills, just away and diving. Like a liveaboard with no frills.

Is the florida keys out do to the hurricane season. My time frame starts may 28th. How about florida caverns.

from the 20 to the 24th I've got a charter out of Morehead City for a week of serious wreck diving. Interested?

Originally posted by arcticcat
IIs the florida keys out do to the hurricane season. My time frame starts may 28th. How about florida caverns.

You do realise that Texas and NC have gotten way more Hurricanes than we have... In fact, I can't remember the last hurricane that really hit us here in Central Florida. Not that many hit or even affect the Keys.

on the Atlantic coast begins June 1 per the National Weather Service, but that doesn't mean that they start immediately on that date. I'd say the odds would still be in your favor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom