Any Suggestions For A Mask That Fits Wide Faces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with a Tusa Visualator also but in the store a Cressi Big Eyes seemed like it would work also.
I have the Cressi. I never use it because the Visualator is a better fit and more comfortable.

+1 for the Oceanic Shadow.

I have a wide face (a.k.a., fat head) and a fuzzy 'stache, and I've been very happy with the Shadow.

I also have a new DGX frameless which seems to fit well, but I haven't used it enough yet to compare with the Shadow.

On top of a wide face, I have a cro-magnon man forehead. XS Scuba Cortez fits great around the face, but the nose bridge can press on the top of my nose at depth. My favorite mask is the aqualung three window, 1980's version. Dive masters always ask...how old is that thing, but it is super comfortable, has great field of vision, and you don't have to worry about someone grabbing your mask by mistake....you do look somewhat like a hammerhead shark though.... It is not low volume by any means, but once you get the hang of it, clearing it is not bad at all.
Good luck, safe travels,
Jay
Aqua Lung Wraparound Three Window Mask, Black

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom