Any Snoot Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogdan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll soon be heading off to Anilao for some macro photography and I'm thinking that I'll finally be trying my hand at using a snoot. However, I'm a little lost as to which type or make to get. I've got 2 Inon Z240 strobes to go along with my Olympus E-M1 and 60 mm macro lens. Does anyone have any suggestions for which snoot to purchase? I'm also assuming that only one snoot will be necessary. Thanks in advance!

Hi;

This new snoot from 10Bar has been very popular as it has lots of adjustment and a laser pointer. We have the z240 version in stock. It's now only $149.95.

10Bar-Snoot-YSD1-2_8tw9-gy.jpg

Thanks Jack. Do you have any experience using the Inon made snoot set or the Reefnet Micro?

Last edited:
If you don't want to spend a lot of money up front, find a local theatrical supply place and pick up a roll of BlackTak. It's basically blacked out aluminum foil with an adhesive backing. You can easily form it into whatever shape you'll need. Good way to see what type of long term solution you'll need.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money up front, find a local theatrical supply place and pick up a roll of BlackTak. It's basically blacked out aluminum foil with an adhesive backing. You can easily form it into whatever shape you'll need. Good way to see what type of long term solution you'll need.
That's a great idea too. I'll look for some of that BlackTak. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom