Any skydivers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aowdan:
i am a parachute rigger. that is my "job". i jumped once, i've scuba dived (dove?)....well i can't remember how many times, not all are logged (of course i now even log my boat cleaning dives, hey it's a dive!). diving is WAY more fun! i can fix your parachutes and scuba gear

dano

Now that is scarey. I had NO idea that the people packing the rigs didnt jump?

I do remember back in the late 1980's that there was a rigger at Fort Bragg that was sabotaging the rigs that he was packing. A solider died from his actions and the moron received a life sentence.

northen diver:
Now that is scarey. I had NO idea that the people packing the rigs didnt jump?

I do remember back in the late 1980's that there was a rigger at Fort Bragg that was sabotaging the rigs that he was packing. A solider died from his actions and the moron received a life sentence.
The riggers/controllers dont even need to be certified to skydive, they just need the education to maintain the gear. Packing the main chute you normally do yourself in civilian skydiving atleast, but the reserve chute, youre not allowed to do anything with unless you have the education for it and when its checked, maintained and repacked, its also sealed.
The person doing mainetance for our club did not jump either iirc..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom