Any sidemount wing can be attached to a backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, using hard backplates for sidemount is not advised. If you are adamant about doing it, I believe the OMS profile or whatever it is called is the least bad way to do it, but you are much better off getting a proper sidemount rig

I have sms100 but I hate its bladder. Even after adding Edd's mod it sucks, too much air in shoulders, uneven left/right inflation.

Andy, can you show how did you attach DECO bladder to the harness?

I used 6mm bungee. Top and bottom central grommets is a simple loop and overhead knot. The knot secures the grommet.

Upper L/R grommets are held down by routing lower strand of loop bungee through them.

Outer or side L/R grommet is a typical wrap around torso deal... as per Razor and XDeep Classic.

Lower L/R grommets can be left free, but I used some more bungee to secure them to the top of the offset D-rings of my rear waistband - where I secure my sidemount pouch, reels etc

View attachment 386258
IMG_20161121_000813.jpg
IMG_20161121_000609.jpg

IMG_20161120_235756.jpg
IMG_20161121_000448.jpg
IMG_20161121_000507.jpg

I have sms100 but I hate its bladder. Even after adding Edd's mod it sucks, too much air in shoulders, uneven left/right inflation.

Uneveness is usually the result of one side's bungee being a little too tight. Pretty easy to fix. That said, I'm not a fan of the SMS rigs anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom