Any seahorses in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've seen them at Varsenbaai. And looked for them unsuccessfully at Lost Anchor.

We've seen seahorses, not what I'd call common but they're there so certainly a chance. Used to be a couple found reliably off Habitat (closed now.) Pretty sure we've seen them other Curacao sites but don't recall which ones.

Seahorses have been spotted at Rediho, Scooter (boat dives) and on the shore dive @ the old Sunset Waters most recently.

If there are other spots that I hear about I will post.

Have a great day!

I found one in 2010...the DM had to buy me a beer when we returned :D

I would like to go back and try again soon, and will definitely dive with The Dive Bus when we do!

We are going to Curacao July 21. Is there any chance of seeing any seahorses? Thanks

Never any guarantees, but we saw three this past week and looked but failed to find two others reported near Tugboat. Check with the dive ops/sites as you travel around; they usually know if there is anything unusual around.

Sea Horse.jpg
Not the best pic, but Andreas spotted this guy at Rediho. I haven't seen any others.

everyone I was diving with said they saw one at Redhio last september but I never saw it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom