Any Scubaboarders want to Beach Dive in Oahu next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Guys,
My brother and I will be in Oahu from jan 23rd to 29 and we would like to beach dive one day. I think we will be boat diving 3 days, but it would be nice to beach dive one day, maybe a night dive. It would be nice to go with one of the locals that know the area pretty well.

Anybody interested?

Mahalo!

I am in Oahu already, still looking for someone that wants to go diving.

Mahalo,

For a beach dive, you might just get your gear ready and head up to Electric Beach, bout the only spot for a beach dive this time of year, you will see many divers there and just ask to go along, pretty friendly group.

Two OK dives there,

1 is to the Electic plant outfall, watch the end of the pipe!
2 is just head out about 270-300 degrees for some unique reefs.

Be careful as the surf may be interesting for non-locals, as it would be for anyone anywhere. I mention this as there are high surf conditions for North and West facing shores, which = poor viz anyways...

For a close to town shore dive, may want to look into rounding up people to shore dive the Kewalo Pipe.

Just my 2 cents...

Will be beach diving this weekend, will let you know when and where on Friday if you want to go with our group.

Has anyone shore dove the Turtles off of Waikiki ???

Will be diving at Electic Beach Friday Jan 26 at 2:00-2:30 pm

and most likely Saturday also...

Water is pretty churned up elsewhere...

Any reports from othe shore dive spots??

Just got back from the pipe today (thanks a bunch sloyota) and conditions weren't bad. Viz was about 40-50ft. I was hoping to spot the galapagos that I heard about, no go though. Surf seems to be down for a bit on the west side...not sure where I'll try going on Sat.

itch808:
. I was hoping to spot the galapagos that I heard about, no go though. Surf seems to be down for a bit on the west side...not sure

Maybe I scared him away :(

Divers had a great dive at Makaha today...even had a Monk seal in one of the caverns. But the vis was low (50-60) at the Mahi

Only 50-60, why even dive? Sorry muck divers....LMAO We have it rough.

Back
Top Bottom