Any reviews on diving on Isla Mujeres??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I am heading to Isla March for 5 days and will dive with Coral right up until 24 hrs before I leave.

If you look at some of my photos they are from Isla and a DM named Enrique from Coral.

I was down there Dec 29 07 to Jan 12 08...so my info is about a month old.

As mentioned there is Manchones to dive...Punta Sur is a fun drift...there are wrecks...still a lot of sharks in Sleeping Shark cave areamy photos of schooling spotted Eagle Rays are taken at Isla while diving with Coral.

Tino, Enrique, Carlos, Gilberto and all the others are topnotch.

When you get there, the Turtles should just be starting there season and mating off Punta Sur...

Enjoy.............

Hi,

I am heading to Isla March for 5 days and will dive with Coral right up until 24 hrs before I leave.

If you look at some of my photos they are from Isla and a DM named Enrique from Coral.

I was down there Dec 29 07 to Jan 12 08...so my info is about a month old.

As mentioned there is Manchones to dive...Punta Sur is a fun drift...there are wrecks...still a lot of sharks in Sleeping Shark cave area ...my photos of schooling spotted Eagle Rays are taken at Isla while diving with Coral in January.

There is a huge green Moray living on the Ultrafreeze wreck...Piedra Atraversada is a good drift.....

Tino, Enrique, Carlos, Gilberto and all the others are topnotch.

When you get there, the Turtles should just be starting there season and mating off Punta Sur...

Enjoy.............

I'll be staying at Villa Vera next week for a couple of days, what's the closest dive op to there?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your posts. I did go to Isla Mujeres and had just a wonderful time. I stayed at Villa Punta Sur which is connected (not literally) with Coral Dive. This is the place to go for sure. They definatly know how to treat their customers. Lots of laughs, knowledge and safety.
I did about 7 days of 2 tank diving with them. First warm water dive for me. Much different then the cold waters of the Pacific North West. Unfortuantly for us some strange current came through which made the water green and vis low. It was milky. However it kind of made me feel right at home when our plankton bloom happens LOL and the water temp was between 71-84 F. Which everyone including the DM considered cold. However coming from 46 degrees I found it like a bath. I was wearing a full suit and most where wearing a shortie. I was toasty warm.

If someone wants a really quiet get-a-way Isla Mujeres is the place. Stay on the south end of the Island and you can have all the peace and quiet you wish. The town can get quite busy with day trips of tourist coming over from Cancun.

Thanks again for all your responses
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom