Any reports from today (Sat. 12-12)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was great seeing everyone over the weekend! Kristina, Mike S, Mike M, Casey, Rob, Kathy, Mike G, Erik, and James just to name a few that I had a pleasure to chat with.

Glad that everyone braved the cold and rain. Definitely want to give props to Greg and Eric for diving all 3 days and really maximizing our in water time.

Here's some topside pictures from Saturday, in the few moments of sunshine.

091212_ready.jpg

Greg's ready for dry runs!

091212_donate.jpg

You got gas, we got gas. (in the good way).

091212_pacificgal.jpg

Kristina and buddy get ready for their first dive.

091212_mg.jpg

MG gears up

091212_kd_mg.jpg

Kathy's happy to see Mike G.

091212_kd_sitting.jpg

Kathy sitting

091212_kd.jpg

Kathy standing

Yup, we had a great weekend of diving. I don't know that I'd call it light surge on Sunday. We seemed to be moving quite a bit under water. But maybe that's just Don's magic to increase the task loading on our last day of class. (He had us doing drills in about 14 fsw. I'll share more details later in the week when I write my class report.)

By the way, did you all notice Kathy is geared up in doubles. :happy: She was pretty smooth pushing those behemoths around in the water.

Did a dive at Point Lobos, but unfortunately found conditions that deteriorated inversely proportional to the distance from the ramp. By the time we decided to give up on the original dive plan, we were in about 10' viz and it was dark as night.

The decompression on the way home was actually somewhat nicer than the "bottom" portion of the dive :confused: as it got much brighter, clearer, and we had a while to spend on the reef.

Only managed one picture:
DSC_02091.jpg

Hoping for better conditions next weekend :)

Did a dive at Point Lobos, but unfortunately found conditions that deteriorated inversely proportional to the distance from the ramp. By the time we decided to give up on the original dive plan, we were in about 10' viz and it was dark as night.

The decompression on the way home was actually somewhat nicer than the "bottom" portion of the dive :confused: as it got much brighter, clearer, and we had a while to spend on the reef.

DSC_02091.jpg

Your photos are so magical, honestly just breath taking... Thanks for sharing them....

MG

By the way, did you all notice Kathy is geared up in doubles. :happy: She was pretty smooth pushing those behemoths around in the water.

Awee thanks Eric. You looked pretty awesome underwater yourself! I just loved watching you and Greg progress throughout the weekend!

Now get out there and enjoy that new skill and confidence :D!

DSC_02091.jpg

What a clear picture. Beautiful.

It was great seeing everyone over the weekend! Kristina, Mike S, Mike M, Casey, Rob, Kathy, Mike G, Erik, and James just to name a few that I had a pleasure to chat with.

Glad that everyone braved the cold and rain. Definitely want to give props to Greg and Eric for diving all 3 days and really maximizing our in water time.

Here's some topside pictures from Saturday, in the few moments of sunshine.

What an awesome weekend. The rain turned into a beautiful full rainbow and at one point a mother Otter carrying a baby in her mouth flopped right up on a dive float just yards away. It was beyond cute!

So fun to dive with the Essentials class and Alumni Don, Eric G, Greg, Mike G, Erik and share dinner with Kristina!

Good to see Casey, Mike M. and meet Mike the Pike & you Boogie ;-)!

What fun in the doubles! Thanks again Don!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom