Any recommendations for dive school to go pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I called down there to confirm my appointment and they all found out just a couple of days ago. They recommended me to Scuba Emporium. I can fill you in better on who I am and what I want but I have a photography class (for fun and to get better technically) to get to. I'll check in around 10 tonight and give you a better idea of what I'm looking for (maybe you guys can give me a better idea!) Thanks for the replies and kindness so far. :)

Anyway, honestly, no matter where you go becoming an instructor is not a terribly difficult thing to do. Becoming a good dive instructor depends more on you more than anywhere that you choose to do your IDC. What was said earlier was totally true. Being a full time dive instructor is a great life but, at least in my case required being willing to have enough to just get by. I think that it's fantastic that you want to do this with your life, but you should understand that it's a lot of work, it can be uncomfortable and discouraging. I will tell you that I have absolutely no regrets for making that decision myself.

I'm not too far noth of Ft. Lauderdale, and I live in the next town north. When you get into town, give me a call, maybe we can have a beer. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I believe very strongly that we need more instructors that care about what they are doing in this industry.

Scubakevdm, thanks for the offer. I may very well take you up on it.As for me, I'm at a place where I'm tired of the corporate world at the age of 32. I've dove on vacation and have always wanted to more often but living 3 hours from the beach puts a damper on that. So now I have a chance to move to FTL and see it as a chance to get better at what I enjoy to the point of doing it full time.

I'm ok with the lifestyle of not having money, I grew up without it so it wouldn't be a big change from were I came. I'm just ready to be where the weather suits my clothes, where I enjoy my job more so than now and ready to live again. Raleigh's got me feeling like an old man.

If this post makes no sense in the morning I'll edit it for you guys. I'm beat, it's late and I've got one more long day of work before flying in on Wednesday. One more day, one more day... :)

recommended me to Scuba Emporium.

I always liked ProDive, but I'll vouch for Pat Hammer's SCUBA Emporium any time. Class act.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom