Any recent dives in Barbados?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarzana

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There have not been any posts about Barbados since last year. If anyone has been and can tell me about what the sea life and reefs are like I would greatly appreciate it. Also what dive shop is the best?

There is still a mandated quarantine on entry to Barbados which means unless you are staying for a while the first week or so you will only see your hotel room. I have been diving with Barbados Blue since 2005 and count the staff among my friends. Barbados diving is pretty good. It is not like the pacific islands but fun just the same. It is actually one of the better places in the Caribbean IMO since Turks and Caicos has gone downhill in the last couple of years due to storms and stoney coral bleaching.

There is still a mandated quarantine on entry to Barbados which means unless you are staying for a while the first week or so you will only see your hotel room. I have been diving with Barbados Blue since 2005 and count the staff among my friends. Barbados diving is pretty good. It is not like the pacific islands but fun just the same. It is actually one of the better places in the Caribbean IMO since Turks and Caicos has gone downhill in the last couple of years due to storms and stoney coral bleaching.

Hello jmark18,

Well that is news to me as I wrote the Divi SouthWind Beach Resort and they said they were open for biz, so I wrongly assumed it was not suffering from Covid or getting over it. Guess I did not truly research it well as the US embassy said it was at level 4 and don't go.

When was the last time you went to Turks and Caicos or when you heard an update on the reefs there? That is also a consideration for me?

Thank you
Tarzana

I was in T & C 2 years ago. There is still good diving but nowhere near what it was 20 years ago. Also prices have gone through the roof. One week in Provo was more than 10 days in Barbados

I was in T & C 2 years ago. There is still good diving but nowhere near what it was 20 years ago. Also prices have gone through the roof. One week in Provo was more than 10 days in Barbados
Thanks for all the info!!

Back
Top Bottom