Any Playa dive shops pick up customers at hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianOrange

Contributor
Reaction score
Do any Playa Del Carmen dive shops pick up customers at their hotel?

I an staying at the Sandos Playacar in two weeks. There is a dive shop on site but the reviews were very mixed. Do any shops pick up customers at the hotels? I will be diving 5 days and while I could take a taxi each day, that will begin to add up for a while.

You will probably be able to get a pick-up if you are diving the cenotes since Playacar is on the way. As for reef diving, most of the boats leave from Playa Del Carmen so you may have trouble convincing any dive op to pick you up.

Hello Brian. Unfortunately, local laws don't allow us to do so unless we have a vehicle with special "federal" license plates... basically a tour van of sorts. We could get in a ton of trouble (including a hefty fine and/or vehicle seizure).:(

Thanks for the responses everyone! Going to cross my fingers and hope the dive shop on site is safe and ok for me!

Playacar is actually not too far from downtown, so you could even walk to one of the many dive centers in the downtown area (Beyond Diving comes to mind :D) if you don't feel like diving with the resort's dive op.

Hello Brian, if you go to Cenotes, you are on the way, but if you wish to go diving, you are looking at either a cab, rent a car, or pay for a taxi, I am sure Erik at Beyond Diving ( who is the best in the Riviera Maya and with whom our clients go diving with in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Cenotes) can find you a van to go get you but it adds on the cost.

Happy Diving

I dove a bunch of dives with Dive Aventuras last week and they had free hotel transfers that worked out very well. Their location is just south of Playa Del Carmen I saw your hotel on the list of places where they will pick up. I don't know if there is an additional fee for your hotel but there was not for where I was staying.

I did some training, a bunch of reef dives, and a cenote with them and give them a thumbs up with four dive departures per day. This means you can sleep in and still catch three dives, get up early and do four, or do two or three and get back to the hotel for a nap.

Small number of divers on the boat and personal service.

Dive Aventuras

They were very good about answering my emails - unlike some other dive shops.

Paul

Do any Playa Del Carmen dive shops pick up customers at their hotel?

I an staying at the Sandos Playacar in two weeks. There is a dive shop on site but the reviews were very mixed. Do any shops pick up customers at the hotels? I will be diving 5 days and while I could take a taxi each day, that will begin to add up for a while.

Which resort are you staying at?

See his note in the original post.

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa - Hotel in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom