Any place to buy cam-bands in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmperry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've tried Scuba Club Cozumel's dive shop, ProDive down on 5th, and a few other places in town and nobody seems to have just cam-bands for cylinders. I brought along my backplate and wing with a single tank adapter but did not have time to pick up a few cam-bands before coming down to Cozumel. At this point I'll have to dive in a rental BCD on Sunday if I can't find someplace that has them.

Any thoughts from local folks? Thanks much!

You may want to try and find some dealers for Dive Rite, OMS, etc and see if any are located in Coz or maybe Playa del Carmen.

I was hoping to just buy a nomad from ProTec but none in stock. May call tomorrow and see about the travel stage kits. I really love those low profile DiveRite bands.

Going to try Dive Cozumel / Yellow Rose tomorrow morning. Hopefully more luck with the tech shops. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Wow, spent all day hunting with no luck. Rental BCD for tomorrow and try to sneak over to playa Monday morning and get a couple of DiveRite travel stage kits from ProTec Playa. Then I can use them for sidemount or use the cam-bands for back mount.

Is Yellow Rose / Dive Cozumel out of business? No retail store at the address listed and their website was last updated in 2008...

For your dive vacation, why don't you just borrow (with permission, of course) a couple of tank cambands off of the rental BCDs with the dive op you're using? The vast majority of cambands out in the wild will work with your STA. Seems like a small gesture that any accommodating dive op would make in order to keep a customer happy.

I would rather integrate a couple of used plastic cambands into my new BP/W rig than have to use a rental BCD. YMMV.

Once you get home, you can order the cambands that you really want.

Cozumel is home for the next 4.5 months. :). That's a long time to borrow.

Wandering for the next few years with my wife, son, and scuba gear before he leaves for college.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom