Any OM1 housings using OM-D port mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a 170mm OM-D dome and the 37mm port adapter, I got vignetting with the 8mm fisheye. The Olympus 7-14 should be fine, depending on which dome you use and how much extension it needs. My dome is an Inon, and I went from a 2" extension ring on an OM-D housing to a 1" with the port adapter / AOI housing to use the 12-40; I don't have the 7-14 any longer but it should be the same.

I don't believe there is a way to use a PEN dome with the 12-40, O7-14, O8-25, PL8-18, etc. It's just too tight to get a zoom gear in there, but someone might be able to figure out something using math and a 3-d printer. That whole exercise is why I switched to the 12-45/8mm PEN dome combination. I lose the ability to shoot a decent rectilinear wide, though. Not so decent options like the Panasonic 7-14 and O9-18 work, but at the cost of image quality (in my opinion).
Thanks for your detail answer.

Back
Top Bottom