Any NJ Tiny Doubles Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I like 72's I can fill them to 3200 psi and get 100 Cu Ft in them... Makes my dives nice and long...

Many folks I know buy HP which I don't understand - I only buy LP tanks which can be easily cave filled to reasonable pressures and you can pack in a lot of cu ft of air or nitrox... :)

I only buy LP tanks which can be easily cave filled to reasonable pressures and you can pack in a lot of cu ft of air or nitrox... :)

Define “easily” in the NE. I understand “easily” in cave country.

Define “easily” in the NE. I understand “easily” in cave country.

Yes - sorry should have said easily if you have access - which I do...

HP tanks make sense if you can easily get them filled to rated pressure. LP makes sense if you can't. You just deal with the bigger size and weight. If you can get LP's cave filled, even better.

Best of both worlds is having the ability to fill HP's, so you just cave fill your LP's and have even more gas! Nobody ever died by having too much gas, although the opposite is not true.

Easily: The condition when you have access to your own fill station.

As a matter of fact, I do have my own fill station. Come to think of it, I don’t know anyone up here with LPs anyhoo.

I find tiny doubles trim better than a single, and it saves having to take regs apart to have a single tank setup and a twins setup. For solo diving it provides the required redundancy without having to sling a pony. You also get more gas than a standard Al80 at service pressure, and a lot more if you cave fill them.

Precisely this!

72s were great tanks.i have 120s now, but they didn’t I’ve me the BT. They outdone be great for solo.

Back
Top Bottom