any Nautilus LifeLine users out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eab

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The user manual suggests changing the region from my home one when I travel. I'm headed to Cozumel, but Mexico isn't in the dropdown as an option. Am I better off leaving it as the US, or is International a better option?

Thanks!

Eileen

I took my Nautilus to Flower Garden boat as it is real on the middle of ocean, but will not take it to Cozumel as you always between land and island.
I drop them mail about traveling, if I understood the answer correct, once you registered it and red button will work, you don't need to change anything.
You can ask them by mail, they answer pretty quick.

will not take it to Cozumel as you always between land and island.

Being completely and utterly lost in the expanse of sea between the mainland and the island is somehow better than when landmasses are farther away? I'm afraid I must be missing your point.

I remember that all/most dives in Cozumel were in visible distance from island.
One more difference : On Flower Garden trip each pair dive itself, but in Cozumel always one DM for each 4-5 divers.
But of cause Nautilus can be used in Cozumel trip also.

I bring my LifeLine everywhere I dive. Best I can tell, you only need to register it in your home country.

Mine is set in the US and is good to go. It ought to really fire up the radios on the cruise ships if I even need to hit it. As for using it in Cozumel, it isn't like there haven't been stories of something going wrong and divers floating for a bit.

Hi Eileen,

Every time you travel we suggest you change your region, as it sets you up for the proper channels for that place. If the place or country is not under the region, please choose International.

Hope this helps!
If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us 1-888-434-8322

Thank you,

Leah

They really answer fast as I said above :)
Looks it is me who missed "change region" suggestion.

We use the Nautilus for all of our "Adventure Dives", indeed we give one to each diver. Just use Channel 16 and even the local Mexican Coast Guard will pick it up at their new rescue base just south of town…Thank you Presidente Calderone!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom