Any luck with Win8 64bit and OceanLog 2.4.3 with ProPlus2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheStosh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have tried this on a few different computers and cannot get oceanic ocean log software to download logs from my proplus2 dive computer. I'm running the latest software, driver, and have tested the dive computer and cable on a win7 64bit computer successfully.
On the win8 laptops, I just get handshake timeouts.
I've been working with their tech support and it has been embarrassing. After giving them elaborate details of my setup and everything I have tried, they ask me to try things I have already mentioned trying. Banging-head-on-wall.

I can download from a laptop with win7, but as soon as I reload with win8, I get the handshake timeouts again.

Anyone else having these issues with win8? Anyone successful with windows 8?

I tried using ocean log once, on XP, with my veo 2.

Having said that, I use DiveLog (on Mac, they have a pc side too) and it works flawlessly to download from the veo.

Might not be the answer your looking for, but I can't stand that program.

BRad

I love Diving Log and have been using it for a few years. I had always downloaded to oceanic first and imported to dive log. I just tried downloading direct in Diving Log and it indicates the serial port is in use by another application or permission denied. I wonder if it is a windows 8 security issue.

I love Diving Log and have been using it for a few years. I had always downloaded to oceanic first and imported to dive log. I just tried downloading direct in Diving Log and it indicates the serial port is in use by another application or permission denied. I wonder if it is a windows 8 security issue.

There are some additional drivers you may need to instal (I did for the Mac). I remember the first go wasn't successful, but after reconnecting it's worked well.

BRad

I installed the drivers from the oceanic site. Are you suggesting drivers from somewhere else?

Wow, major brain fart

I use subsurface, not DiveLog

BRad
I tried using ocean log once, on XP, with my veo 2.

Having said that, I use DiveLog (on Mac, they have a pc side too) and it works flawlessly to download from the veo.

Might not be the answer your looking for, but I can't stand that program.

BRad

Little consolation but I am running the latest OceanLog with Windows 8 for the ProPlus3. I did not need to do any modifications nor even load the driver (fairly certain). The cable for the ProPlus3 is different then for the ProPlus2 and since Oceanic built the USB interface in the cable this may make a difference.

What color are the buttons on your dive computer, silver or gray?

I have tried this on a few different computers and cannot get oceanic ocean log software to download logs from my proplus2 dive computer. I'm running the latest software, driver, and have tested the dive computer and cable on a win7 64bit computer successfully.
On the win8 laptops, I just get handshake timeouts.
I've been working with their tech support and it has been embarrassing. After giving them elaborate details of my setup and everything I have tried, they ask me to try things I have already mentioned trying. Banging-head-on-wall.

I can download from a laptop with win7, but as soon as I reload with win8, I get the handshake timeouts again.

Anyone else having these issues with win8? Anyone successful with windows 8?

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting a cable for the oceanic pro plus 2 computer...can't see shelling out $90 for a $5 USB cable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom