Any kind of waterproof 'paper' for laser printers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We used laminated maps last week when we were doing a mapping project validation dive. I will warn you, though, that carrying around an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of laminated paper, when you can't clip it off or put it on a wrist or anything, is a PITA.

Unfortunately, the people who made the map and laminated it didn't punch it, and nobody at the dive site had a punch! (And you don't want to punch arbitrary holes in a laminated sheet, because then the water gets into the paper.)

In that case, you need to punch holes only where there is no paper or water will creep under the lamination (make a 3/4" hole in paper so that 1/4" hole is surounded by 1/4" of laminate)

Xerox Never-tear paper part number 3R3118. I use it to print tables on. It won't tear and its as waterproof as it gets. It's about $30 per package of 100 sheets.

Thanks, that sounds a lot more reasonable.

I also use the Xerox Waterproof paper No 3R12410, found it at Staples a while back, $12.99 for 25 sheets. I use it for printing my own log book pages. It seems to work pretty well and is quite durable.

I don’t know of any better deals than this one. I use it a lot and I'm very satisfied.

Harbor Freight Tools

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom