Any Key Largo area boats leave later than 1 pm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianOrange

Contributor
Reaction score
I am flying down this Wednesday and of course need to get in the water ASAP. Landing at 9:30 AM in Miami but probably won't be in the car and driving to the Keys until around 11:30 or so. Anybody know of any dive boats that leave later than 1 pm? Just in case I can't make my 1 pm dive.

Why don't you dive Fort Lauderdale in the afternoon and then drive to the Keys? Our diving is AWESOME. I like Sea Experience and they are pretty close to FLL.

If I were flying into FLL, I would totally do that. But Sea Exp only has morning departures so that option is out. If there are any later departures in the Lauderdale area I would have no problem just driving up there for the dive. Just looking for a boat that could fit my schedule this one day if I can't make it to the Keys by 1pm.

D'oh, for some reason I thought you were coming into FLL (late night insomniac posting). With Miami traffic you really might not make a 1 p.m. departure in the Keys. The only charter anyone uses in Miami is RJ Diving Ventures, you could give them a call. The northernmost dive ops in the Keys are Atlantis Dive Center and Silent World. Quiessence is only a couple of miles further and they run 6-packs, so perhaps you could work something out with them. Enjoy your dives!

We just returned from a week's worth of diving in Key largo. We dove with Rainbow Reef, had awesome dives, and the afternoon boats leave at 1:30 I think. It might have been 1:00. Ask for Brad to guide you. He loves looking for the BIG stuff...sharks, etc. He'll take you to the good places. The Speigal Grove and the Duane are definitely a MUST. We saw Reef sharks, nurse, and Bull sharks along with huge tarpon.

I just came back from Key Largo and we dove with Garden Cove Divers and they have a boat that goes out at 1:30, sometimes later than that. You can also check their website for availability and times.

Just to let everyone know, I have a 3.00pm trip as well as my usual morning & afternoon trips. I also run at any time of the day or night if I have a spare boat and you have either 3 divers or a charter fee for late PM trips.

That's awesome to know, Chris!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom