Any interest in old aqua lung equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edoralive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My dad passed away a couple years ago, leaving behind many things, including is old scuba gear. Some interesting stuff that I imagine is well short of safety expectations in 2021.

Do folks have interest in old aqualung equipment? We’re not trying to make piles of money off it, but would like it to be put to appropriate use somewhere, even if on a shelf in a study or something.

here’s a link to what we’ve got. Curious to here what y’all think.

Scuba

I can only speak to the regulator. It is not up to modern standards, but can still be rebuilt to work. There is definitely a market for it.

i would keep the dive knife, even if you don't do much with it.

The Calypso J regulator is from the last generation of that line of regulators. It is not a bad regulator. It is a fairly common regulator, but that one looks in fairly nice shape. It is too bad that the label on the purge is missing, but reproductions are available.

The two Pacifica masks are in bad shape.

The rubber of the rocket fins is probably not in great shape either. I already see a crack. It is a shame because the blue ones are not as common.

upload_2021-7-9_16-22-11.png
The blue fins with closed heels will be US Divers Otarie fins (see above with the box they often came in), named after the French word for "sea lion". Their distinctive features are their relative lightness and their small, narrow toe openings to reduce cold water flow through the foot pocket. They were allegedly designed by Jacques-Yves Cousteau himself, who had a fin design patent to his name, and these fins earned a certain popularity in their time both States-side and in continental Europe where they were branded "La Spirotechnique" instead of "US Divers".

The flexible-hose snorkel looks interesting because of the unusual connection between the corrugated hose and the barrel. Or this may be just a US Divers Aqua Flex snorkel where the hose has been shortened at the joint and is now held in place by a tie; hard for me to tell.

The Blue Rocket fins ad knife are worth the most. Maybe $25 t0 $50 each.

Appreciate it all - the knife I'd planned to hold on to because... well it's a knife. The rest we're trying to get to the right place and keep out of the trash bin, if possible. Sounds like the masks are headed for the bin, and the reg may be headed for a pony bottle.

With a first stage that big, and second, you may have to find yourself a horse bottle

Back
Top Bottom