Any Inland Lakes of British Columbia Worth Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last year I realized a childhood dream of mine and dove in Christina Lake, BC. It was a bit underwhelming, with not much to see. Mostly I cleaned up trash from under local residents' wharfs.

In a couple of weeks I am going back from Vancouver to the Kootenays, and I'm deciding whether to bring my gear or not. I would like to, but it will be hard to sell the idea to my dive buddy/girlfriend unless I can promise her a better experience than last time.

Is there a lake in the Southern Interior that is good for diving due to some particularly interesting marine life or geological feature?

Kootenay Lake. It's got wrecks, some fish, bottles, history. But be aware that you can't expect an ocean experience in fresh water. If your GF is expecting a Port Hardy experience in a lake she will always be disappointed. I'll be out there over the August long weekend and then again Aug 17-24.

FWIW I did a dive in Christina a few years ago and thought it was pretty decent for a shallow (30' and up) fresh water dive.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we're only going as far East as Christina Lake, so I think Kootenay Lake would be too far out of our way. I do love that area though, especially the fantastic tubing to be had on the Slocan River.

Okanagan lake has Ellison dive park. Not bad for fresh water. Also many sites around the floating bridge in west bank/kelowna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son & I dive Ellison at least once a week. Also several other good sites around the Okanagan and Shuswap areas. Contact me if you want to meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom