Any info on Venice conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would imagine its still kind of nippy, in the mid-60's at best - cos it was close to that cold last time i went in december - brrrrrr. Check out Weather Underground for Venice, click on the surf report and marine forecast for wind, water temp, waves etc. Not sure what the last week or so have been for that area, but i would think it was offshore winds and the seas are only slight - so a bit of a chance of reasonable viz.

If you want teeth maybe you would like to do a day trip to Peace River with the rest of us, no real diving, but you might have more luck with the teeth. Was wondering about doing the SW coast again some time soon.

I have been hearing reports of red tide in the gulf.

Sat. the vis was 10'+ and water temp 63.
will post pictures after the teeth are cleaned.

2th divr:
Sat. the vis was 10'+ and water temp 63.
will post pictures after the teeth are cleaned.

This is what I got 2/19/05

2th, Excellent haul - congrats.

1 - What wind direction is best for vis in Venice?
2 - Where did you get them?

I broke down and went out with Florida West. I will give them a few shark tooth charters a year. I have to say that when out with them I have found my bigger teeth.
I'm working on getting the kayak setup for diving, so I can get out to the spots myself.
I have also done good from the beach, just more small teeth.

Do you have any contact information for Florida West? I want to make my way down there to do some hunting maybe March 12 or 13 if anyone is interested. I've never been, but would like to do it. I would need a buddy, anyone interested to go as an organized group?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom