Any Info on Bluebeards Beach Club, St. Thomas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDDiver

Reaction score
I will be heading to St. Thomas at the end of July. I am a fairly new diver and am looking for any information about good dive shops, dive spots, restaraunts and bars on the island. Also, I would like to get some feedback on Bluebeards Beach Club (not the Castle).

My son was a dive instructor on St. T for 2 years. I have dived there a lot myself.

The best dive shop on the island is Blue Island Divers on Crown Bay Marina. Ask for Aitch (owner and tell him Dante sent you). Tell them you are a new diver and they will lead to some very easy beginner wreck dives and really nice reef dives.

www.BlueIslandDivers.com

Stay away from Underwater Safaris, Admiralty and St T Dive club. They tend to be cattle boats or don't respect tidal ebbs and flows.

As far as bars and resturants are concerned go to the East End (Red Hook area). Wander around and you will definately find some good places. Whale of a Tale is very good for sea food. Poor Mans (aka The Warehouse) located upstairs from the Chinese place; cheap pour your own drinks.

For Friday/Saturday night live music, go to "The Off Shore Bar" located at Havensight Mall by the Cruise ships. Don't go during the day or any other night.

For a nice dinner find either "Room with a View" or "The Old Stone Farm House (a little pricey). You could also try Bolongo Bay for a Thursday night hang out which includes night time volley ball (games are always available to jump in on, if you're interested).

Also try to get the St. John for at least a day (for the beaches, Cinnamon or Trunk) or evening (for the bars, Woodies or Duffy's Love Shack).

Enjoy the Ride
:mean:

Thanks for the great info MareMan1. I will definitely take your advice and heed your warnings. Thanks.

Welcome. You will have a great time. Enjoy the ride

:mean:

Hi ND,

I just returned from St. Thomas having done my certification dives there. I stayed for eight days at Bluebeards Beach Club. I really enjoyed staying there and when, (not if), I go back to St. Thomas, I won't even be looking for anywhere else to stay. The rooms were excellent, and I really enjoyed the beach.

There are a couple things that may bother some though. The water pressure in the showers is very low compared to what I am used to here in the states. From talking to residents of St. Thomas, I learned that fresh water is a valuable resource to them. All of their water comes either from rainwater collected in cisterns, or water delivery from the desalination plant.

When I go back, I will not bother eating at the restaurant at the resort. The rest of my group enjoyed their food, but I didn't enjoy mine. I had Shrimp alfredo. The shrimp was very good, but the alfredo could have been outdone by Chef Boyardee. :D Some of the places that I enjoyed eating were Mafolie's which is up on the hill on the way to Magen's bay, Hook Line and Sinker, and Craig & Sally's, both of which are in Frenchtown, just east of Charlotte Amallie's shopping sector. Craig and Sally's is more expensive, but Sally is a true chef. The menu there changes daily, and you won't find anything there that isn't prepared with some flair. My meal there was one of the best that I've ever had. A meal there for my wife and I with a glass of wine each ran about $130 with tip. The other two locations were less expensive but with excellent food. Two other recommendations that I got were Alexander's, and Noches. Both of these are also in Frenchtown.

Obviously I am a VERY new diver, but I did my certification dives with Admiralty, and was very pleased. I will be diving with them again when I return. They dive from two small boats 12 divers max on the larger one. On the second day of my certification dives, I was the only diver going out in the morning. It was wonderful. The only other divers that I saw while diving with them was a group of 3 research divers moored to a different spot on the reef that we were diving.

I have to say that the owners Marty and Portia, as well as my instructor, John, were extremely friendly. I had a completely wonderful time diving with them.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom