Any ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where I might find a dive case for my Nikon Coolpix 995 digital camera, other than Ikelite? Ikelite has one, but it is more than I payed for the whole camera! I would even consider a used one if need be. I have never seen one offered on E-Bay either.

diverrick:
Where I might find a dive case for my Nikon Coolpix 995 digital camera, other than Ikelite? Ikelite has one, but it is more than I payed for the whole camera! I would even consider a used one if need be. I have never seen one offered on E-Bay either.
Look in digideep.com. If there aren't any then chances are you are out of luck.

Check with Aquatica.ca. It is a Canadian company. I have one for my 995 and love it! Yes it was expensive but you get what you pay for. I don't think you will find a cheap housing for any Nikon but you might. I you decide to go another route let me know what you want for your 995.

Joe

diverrick:

I was facing this exact situation. I sold my 990 on ebay for $300 and bought a 4300 for $330. I got a FantaSea case for $160

Good trade-off
Mark

diverrick:

With the notable exception of the Olympus P/C line of housings, in most cases the housing will be at least equal to, or in some cases, many times more expensive than the camera itself.

That's why I downgraded my Olympus e20 into the 5050 recently - the housing for my e20 (before ports, lenses and strobe) was $2200 - $2600 (and I only paid $800 for the cam this summer...)

Even now with my 5050 - the housing, strobe, tray, handle and arms far eclipse the price I paid for the camera. Its just the nature of taking this endeavor underwater.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom