Any Houston Dive Shops Open Sundays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm flying into IAH this summer, then driving down to board the Spree. Any stores at all open Sundays? Got a link...??

thanks!

DandyDon:
I'm flying into IAH this summer, then driving down to board the Spree. Any stores at all open Sundays? Got a link...??

thanks!

The only place that you'd be able to find dive gear on a Sunday is Gander Mountain. There's one up near The Woodlands (very near IAH). Check the Gander site for other locations.

PacketSniffer:
The only place that you'd be able to find dive gear on a Sunday is Gander Mountain. There's one up near The Woodlands (very near IAH). Check the Gander site for other locations.
Thanks, that certainly narrows it down for me. Their site gives these three...
Houston, TX #402 19820 Hempstead Hwy, Houston, TX, 77065, (832) 237-7900
Houston/Spring, TX #403 19302 Interstate 45, Spring, TX, 77373, (281) 288-2620
Houston/Sugar Land, TX #404 19890 Southwest Freeway, Sugar Land, TX, 77479, (281) 239-6720

WW Diving Humble, TX

It's probably just a few miles (6 or 7) from the airport.

Skyjunky:
All the Houston Gander stores sell scuba stuff now.

Thanks for the info....I am going to try and get by one of the stores when I go to Houston for SeaSpace....anyone know which store would be closer....we will be coming from San Marcos on I-10 and leaving in the same direction....

Scubafast:
Divers Paradise is open on Sundays April through fall.
They are also a discounter. 20% to 40% off MSRP on most major gear.

www.dpscuba.com
Halfway to Galveston, it seems?

Look more likely to carry Nitrox, etc - thanks.

Parrot, I got the idea that Gander carries some scuba gear as a sideline - the one I phoned didn't have Nitrox for example.

Hehe, I wonder if WWDiving would rent tanks to me, after the problems I posted having with them 1-1/2 yrs ago? Well, they probly don't know my real name, but the way they treated my at-the-time GF then, I don't think that I'd want to count on them for any promises.

Gander is a sporting goods department store, like Sports Authority. Scuba is a very new and minor part of their business.

Back
Top Bottom