Any good snorkeling in Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigger - don't know about snorkeling around there but we're considering staying at the Royal in May. It'd be great if you could let me know what you think of the place!!

FYI - we stayed at Riu Palace Riviera Maya in December and loved it. The Royal is more "in town" and a bit shorter walk into the touristy area and to Jason's shop to go diving!!

Jason posted a link to another site that has some really good reviews on the Royal. That and Trip advisors is good as well, but ya you and another guy who asked will get a report when we get back. We are getting the upgraded service though so it might be a little different

Thanks! You know, I didn't think of it when I posted last time but I did snorkel in Tulum last year. So while I still don't know anything about snorkeling in PDC I can say that I do remember there was still a good amount of fun life even relatively close to shore. Saw a few rays, some eels and a good variety of fish. If it rains though don't bother, where we were there was so much fresh water from the rain and drainage you couldn't see much unless you freedove a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom