Any good shore diving in Florida?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnfdivermel

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any good shore diving in central to southern florida? I've done Lauderdale by the Sea, but that's about all. Any cool wrecks or anything to see without needing a boat?

I have to agree on the book. Usually I find them dissapointing. Full of places I already knew about. Or locations that are inaccessable without a boat. The FL guide is great though, including shore, off shore and way inshore (springs and caverns) locations. Unfortunately I am not from the lower part of the state, so can't help there. If you ever come to the panhandle though, let us know. We will gladly take you to the "secret" locations we dive.

wnfdivermel:
Any good shore diving in central to southern florida? I've done Lauderdale by the Sea, but that's about all. Any cool wrecks or anything to see without needing a boat?

Depending on the weather... from Wabasso south you can dive. The closer you get to Wabasso, the more fickle the viz gets. I frequently go to Ft Pierce and Blue Herron Bridge. LBTS is my favorite of all the shore dives.

If the wind is coming out of the west... go diving... if it's coming out of the east... go to BHB or stay home.

Al

Agree totally wiith AL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom