Any Good Dive shops in London?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As it turns out I'm not going to be in the UK long enough to dive there... DOH! But I will be in London for a few days and was wondering if there are any good dive shops in London that I can check out???

Thanks!!!

I have to say I think the "best" dive shops are not in London - or at least central London. Ocean Leisure is right next to the Thames (Embankment tube). But its a retail store (does yacht stuff too) and the staff are more shop-assistant than diver dudes. (That's not to say they don't know their stuff, but they are there to sell not chat!!).
London shop rents really make it too expensive for a friendly LDS.

Check out the national Maritime Museum in Greenwich www.nmm.ac.uk for all things watery - its free to get in as well. There is (or was) a deep sea dive suit there you could touch and get right up close to. (One of those 1ATA things).

Sorry you don't get to dive.

Chris

Hi, there are a number of shops in and around Kent. If you would like to e-mail me nearer the time then i could give you directions. :wink:

Cool site - thanks Chrisch!!! Looks like there is a TinTin exhibit while I'm there! I loved reading those comics when I was younger!!! As well as Asterix and Obelix (sp?)!!!
Mrs Mares - I'll try to PM you closer to my departure date. How far is Kent from London? I have no access to a car so its the tube or rail for me... Yeah I'm kinda sad I don't get to dive while I'm over there, but that gives me an excuse to go back :) Hopefully by the next time I would have my AOW as well, that should open up more dive sites...

Thanks again for the info everyone!!!

You can also try fish in ther city - www.fishinthecity.co.uk
They are located in central london, near liverpool st. Their website is a little crap, but the guys that own it actually dive in the UK, including deco & trimix dives, rather than just owning a shop to sell gear.

I can also recommend the London Aquarium on Embankment near the London Eye - you'll see more fish there than on any dive in the UK :eyebrow:

BTW - Kent is next to London (some parts that people think of as London are actually Kent!!) so not too far depending on how far down you travel...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom