Any good books on DCS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JC Fedorczyk

Contributor
Reaction score
Girlfriend is writing a nursing paper on DCS and wanted me to look for a book or two on the subject. Anyone have any suggestions? I searched the local library and found one on Hyberbaric O2 therapy but it doesn't deal too much with diving. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

The US Navy dive manual has a large section on the subject as well as treatment protocols, the NOAA diving manual is a great reference as well. The navy manual can be downloaded for free with a decent connection.

If you are looking for some more advanced reading then go to the UHMS and view publications, they are a little pricey but as you would expect the market for books in this vien is not incedibly large...

Hi JC:

In order to find much on decompression, one would need to go to a library in a large city or to a university library. Local libraries would only have books on diving, at best, with nothing particularly detailed with regard to DCS.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :umnik:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Thanks for the info. I don't think it has to be a big paper so this should do. I got some weird looks from the Charlotte, NC librarian when I asked her for books on decompression sickness. :wink:

JC Fedorczyk:
Thanks for the info. I don't think it has to be a big paper so this should do. I got some weird looks from the Charlotte, NC librarian when I asked her for books on decompression sickness. :wink:
DCS is a core issue in diving medicine. Any textbook about diving medicine should cover it. For free, the USN Diving Manual maybe you're best bet. With a good internet connection you can download the whole text.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom