Any feedback from a Cootwo user?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loving mine so far. Haven't tried to figure out how to calibrate without the phone yet, but that's just laziness since I have my phone with me most of the time. All of the analysis is done on the cootwo directly though. It does get a much more accurate/fast calibration if you inhale through the charge port if you don't have access to air.

For those that get nervous with the 1ppm CO, please turn it to fractions and understand that there is CO in ambient air and I'm not sure when it decides to round up, but 0.5ppm is not something to be concerned over. Pure O2 is the only thing you'll see likely to have a true 0ppm.

........It does get a much more accurate/fast calibration if you inhale through the charge port if you don't have access to air.......
We do NOT recommend that.
I was told that there are nasty chemicals inside the sensors :eek:

Joneill's post above seems to indicate you can test CO standalone now.
Yes you can.
It has been like that since we first released cootwo last December.

It hasn't killed me yet but the sensor can be affected by humidity more if you do the inhale hack with the cootwo.

Tank air is much dryer then the air that you are inhaling through the cootwo could throw your results off be a couple of tenths.

read up on the delta from 0% to 100% at these PO2 levels on the sensors, you'd be surprised how small it is. I'm not saying it is ideal, but often times there is not an air tank for calibration

Thats true I think I was the one who started the inhalation trick that seems to have been passed around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom