Any feedback from a Cootwo user?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll try peeling the top layer off. . . Thanks!

Over all I'm happy with the product however I have had battery connection issue twice from just normal movement of the Cootwo around my can in a pelican case ediving.us • View topic - Why my cootwo does not turn on?

i normally test with it bluetoothed to my phone while still at the car and from the default settings I've increased the calibration limit to max (so i calibration lasts 48 hours i think) and increased the bluetooth time out because it kept disconnected while checking multiple tanks

I'm generally happy with mine. I have two complaints that I'm currently living with.
  1. It seems to frequently have to be re-paired with my phone.
  2. I can't figure out how to test a tank without using the phone. I assumed it would be possible like other analyzers, but maybe I'm wrong.

I already identified a problem with some co in a couple fills at an LDS because of the cootwo! The LDS took the 1ppm result very seriously and rectified the issue. Prior to owning cootwo, I did not analyze "locally filled" tanks for CO because of the hassle. Now that it happens by default, I can see that this was a mistake.

That said, still far better than using two separate analyzers for Oxygen and Carbon Monoxide analysis. Money well spent in my opinion.

I think @DandyDon should update his signature to something like this:

You can test the tanks you breathe or - dive on hope.
cheeky-smiley-024.gif

Testing is safer... with cootwo it requires no extra effort.

Last edited:
.... It seems to frequently have to be re-paired with my phone. .....
Android or iOS?
What value do you use for auto-disconnect?
...... I can't figure out how to test a tank without using the phone. I assumed it would be possible like other analyzers, but maybe I'm wrong.......
Turn on cootwo, put it in front of the tank you want to analyze (or use the BCD LPI adapter), open the tank valve slowly, hold it for ~30 seconds, watch results on screen.
Am I missing something?

.....I think @DandyDon should update his signature to something like this:
cheeky-smiley-024.gif

:thumb:

I'm generally happy with mine. I have two complaints that I'm currently living with.
  1. It seems to frequently have to be re-paired with my phone.
  2. I can't figure out how to test a tank without using the phone. I assumed it would be possible like other analyzers, but maybe I'm wrong.

I already identified a problem with some co in a couple fills at an LDS because of the cootwo! The LDS took the 1ppm result very seriously and rectified the issue. Prior to owning cootwo, I did not analyze "locally filled" tanks for CO because of the hassle. Now that it happens by default, I can see that this was a mistake.

That said, still far better than using two separate analyzers for Oxygen and Carbon Monoxide analysis. Money well spent in my opinion.

I think @DandyDon should update his signature to something like this:

cheeky-smiley-024.gif

I used mine in Aruba recently without the phone - just follow the instructions included. I found 2-3 PPM in the tanks I tested on one day - still used as it was low level. I'll be using it again in Turks and Caicos in late May and Grand Cayman in July so will be interested to see what I find there - this time with the phone as I have a waterproof case for the phone now. I like the unit and used it with the BC LP adapter - very fast and easy. The only area I'd like to see a change is to add an overmolded or glued-on TPE/rubber grip area to make it less slippery when handling.

I've been planning on getting a Cootwo, now that they are out in the wild I thought someone of the forums might have on already. Does anyone have any feedback on them from using one and comments on the build quality? I appreciate that the manufacture is on these boards but I'm after some user feedback.

for anyone that isn't aware of them Products - DiveNav Store
Love mine. I had a minor problem that the battery terminals (battery is replaceable and held by a friction fit) needed a slight 'tweak' to secure the battery better.

Absolutely would purchase again

Android or iOS?
Android 5.0 (samsung galaxy s5, Verizon)

What value do you use for auto-disconnect?
I'll go look, whatever the default is I suppose.

Turn on cootwo, put it in front of the tank you want to analyze (or use the BCD LPI adapter), open the tank valve slowly, hold it for ~30 seconds, watch results on screen.
Am I missing something?
Ahh I see you explained how to calibrate the O2 on your support forum. Thanks!
For anyone else here who needs help; here's the video they shared with me:

Great support from a manufacturer, btw. Most companies wouldn't bother helping people over internet forums. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Android 5.0 (samsung galaxy s5, Verizon)

I'll go look, whatever the default is I suppose.

Ahh I see you explained how to calibrate the O2 (and that co can't be done without phone) on your support forum. Thanks!

Great support from a manufacturer, btw. Most companies wouldn't bother helping people over internet forums. THANK YOU!

Any plans for a firmware update that will calibrate the CO sensor at the same time as the O2 sensor so we can test both gasses standalone?

Joneill's post above seems to indicate you can test CO standalone now.

Joneill's post above seems to indicate you can test CO standalone now.
I just bought the Cootwo this year and their site says "We ship cootwo with the Carbon Monoxide sensor factory calibrated and such calibration is valid for 12 months.". So you can use it standalone for CO testing until you need to calibrate the CO sensor - at which point you need a smartphone and 2 reference gases.

Back
Top Bottom