any experience with Maluku divers resort...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
...or whatever they call the land-based accomodation in Latuhalat which is located near Maluku Divers dive center and promoted as the only way to dive Ambon land-based? How is diving there? Is it good for big fish and nice coral or it's mainly muck? What can you tell about diving conditions - vis, current etc? Is it year-round diving or there are seasons? How is accomodation itself, mainly interested in quality of food :)

Thank you in advance :)

Maluku divers are the only land based resort on Ambon itself, other resorts are
Cape Paperu Resort, Blue Rose Divers Based on small islands just off Ambon itself.

Ambon has something of everything from amazing critters, good corals to the occasional hammerhead and some grey reef sharks etc.

Certainly like most places diving here is definitely seasonal and the best time is September to May because the weather traditionally allows for diving at all dive sites. However during the months from May to August diving is best on the Northern side of the island.

New accommodation that Maluku divers is great and a vast improvement on what they had before. But if you want to save money and like rustic accommodation the original accommodation at the dive centre is okay. Current depends on the dive site phase of the moon etc etc.....

...or whatever they call the land-based accomodation in Latuhalat which is located near Maluku Divers dive center and promoted as the only way to dive Ambon land-based? How is diving there? Is it good for big fish and nice coral or it's mainly muck? What can you tell about diving conditions - vis, current etc? Is it year-round diving or there are seasons? How is accomodation itself, mainly interested in quality of food :)

Thank you in advance :)

Hello shiva, I agree with what Wayan says above, though I haven't been back to Ambon since my 07' trip, which was with Maluku Divers and was fantastic. Do a search of Maluku Divers here and you will find what I and others have written... -Andy

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom