Any experience with Jack's Diving Locker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh...well that is the type of environmental stewardship that makes me feel just fine about paying/ supporting a bit more.

Keller is an absolute crack up. He also has a very good memory. I had dived with them on the manta night dive one day and maybe about four days later, I did a few day dives with them and he remembered my name. We even had a laugh because I was talking to this one young lady who was just having fun and meeting other people and we could easily see that her boyfriend was getting all bent out of shape because she was chatting with me.

Keller is an absolute crack up. He also has a very good memory.
Yes, the memory. He always remembers my wife and me, even after we skipped a summer to try the Caymans.

And who else would rename the dive "Suck-em-up", to the "Swirling Pit of Death" to alarm newbies?

Kellar and the whole Jack's crew are simply amazing. I took the family to Kona on vacation last month. My son had just cert'ed in San Diego and had never done boat or warm-water diving.

The Jack's folks were helpful, respectful and a pure joy to be around. They helped him A LOT, and me too (had some rusty skills to work on).

The shop folks even helped my wife find some snorkeling for her and the other son (non-divers).

We were on the trip that had three separate snorkel encounters with a whale shark on the surface interval. Kellar got some great footage of my son and me with the great beast.

(If you go with Jack's plan to get the DVD of your dives. Well worth it, at least from Kellar!)

Only downside was that we were the one manta night dive in the entire month that was a washout. No mantas, but still a GREAT night dive.

My experience with Jack's has also been very positive. An absolutely professional (and entertaining) operation. I would highly recommend them.

My avatar pic (if you can make out what it is) is from manta dive with Jacks.

Hey everyone if I missed it forgive me.. But where is Jacks located??

I am hoping to make my First trip to hawii this next year 08 as my cousin just bought a house in Kawii. forgive if spelled wrong , I was guessing,LOL!:D

I love their pool

I'll pile on and echo everyone else's positive comments about JDL, particularly Keller's Manta trips and his positive contributions to marine life research. I'll also give kudos for their shop. My wife tried to get a prescription Tusa mask here in San Diego before our Hawaii trip last June, and found the mask on sale at a local dive shop here but couldn't get the prescription lenses in time for the trip (despite about 2 weeks lead time). While in Jack's shop in Kona, I inquired if they happened to have the same mask and have the lenses, fully expecting the answer to be no. To our pleasant surprise, they had everything, worked with her to tailor the prescription better, and the whole thing ended up actually costing less the sale price in San Diego. I also had a light flood on the trip, and bought a new light at Jack's at a price about the same as decent internet deals.

So two big thumbs up on the shop, their boat, and their crew - they are a great asset to anyone's vacation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom