Any Dive ops/boats running out of Ocean Point Suites in Tavernier ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fins-up

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
All,
Getting down to the nitty gritty on planning for our dive trip to the keys. I have narrowed the lodging down to the Ocean Point Suites in Tavernier. It seems like a good central location for us to try a few different dive ops, and my family will fit comfortably. Lots of things to do to keep the non-diving family members entertained too! Seems like a nice resort.
Just wondering if there are any dive ops/ boats that run out of Ocean Point. I guess I can call the resort, but I think I remember reading here, that there was 1 or 2 dive ops out of their docks ? Was it Florida Keys Dive Center ? We will be in the keys for a few days, and I want to try a few ops.
Thanks for the help.......
Rog

Ocean Point Suites is great, I've stayed there many times.

While they do not have a dive op running from the property you will be very close to Conch Republic Divers which is an excellent dive op. If you do a search you will see they are one of the more popular dive ops of the upper keys w/ ScubaBoarders and they have definitely earned the accolades. Here's the link to there site: CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS VOTED #1 DIVE SHOP IN FLORIDA KEYS

Ocean Point doesn't operate as commercial marina. While the condo's are OK they have very small balconies. If you do stay there, Conch Republic is 5 minute drive (1 traffic light).

Staying closer to MM100 would actually put make is more convenient for your crew, but were only talking 8 miles or so.

I stayed at Ocean Pointe and dove with Conch Republic Divers. Ocean Pointe is an excellent place to stay, and it was just a few miles from Conch Republic. I'll probably be there again sometime this summer.

Thanks for the info. I could have sworn I read somewhere that there was a boat that ran out of Ocean Point ??? Guess not. Thats O.K.
I had already planned to go out with Conch. I was thinking of trying out others as well like Silent World, and maybe that new Premiere Charters out of Tav. for a day.
The deal that Gary is giving, I may have to just book a 3 or 5 dive deal.
Ocean Point Suites looks to be the ideal location to dive with Conch. Nice resort with plenty to do, and pretty decent rates to boot. I hate how all the hotels and resorts charge extra for more than 2 people, even if you are booking a suite. Ocean Point does not play that game. 1 room 1 price ! I like that.
Thanks for the help.
Rog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom