Any danger to mix n match?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I have two sets of hoses. My first set is a U.S. Divers Conshelf 21, that includes first stage, regulator and octopus. My second set is a Cressi XS2 which is also the first stage, reg and octopus. I like the USD reg and octo but I prefer the Cressi first stage, also the console on the Cressi is in a bit better condition than the one on the USD... But I digress! I was just about to rearrange the pieces to create my ideal diving set when I realized that the two sets were all the same manufacturer (that is to say, the Cressi set was a cressi 1st stage, octo and reg and the same for the USD) and I was wondering if there is any issue with mixing and matching your hoses/1st stage. If the set is all the same stuff (I.E. - Conshelf 21 octo reg and 1st stage) does it necessarily work better as a whole? I've had all the stuff serviced and used so it is all functional. Hopefully this wasn't too long of an explanation for a simple question! :shakehead: I figure more info is better than less. Also, does anyone have any strong feelings one way or another in regards to these two specific models? Thanks!

There is no danger, the only problem is performance. You may need to tune or de-tune the second stages to prevent them from free flowing if the IP is not the same between the first stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom