any commercial divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mugshot

New
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about a career in the commercial diving field. If there's anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, It would be greatly appreciated. As of right now, I've been working in a machine shop for the past nine years and i HATE every minute im there. I have no diving experience, but am extremely motivated for a new career.

Yea, there are a few of use out here.

Advice:
1. Learn to swim and get your SCUBA certification.
2. let us know what part of the world you live in and we can tell you about the schools local to you.
3. Working as a commercial diver is not SCUBA diving. It is working in cold, mucky water that you can't see in during the worst possible time of the year. Offshore you will be treated like some know-nothing, snot nose kid for the first two or three years duing your apprenticship. The hours are long, usually 12 or more a shift, and off shore is Friday to Friday, no days off until the project is done.

Otherwise please ask more questions.

yes please i am looking at the same career and would like to see the responses

Back
Top Bottom