Any Charters Tampa or Clearwater on 9/28?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimiH

New
Reaction score
I'll be in the Sarasota area for a wedding on 9/30 (arriving on 9/27), and the only day I can get out to dive is Thursday, 9/28.

I'd LOVE to do some diving while in FL this trip - no wife and/or kids along with me this time. Do any of you know of any charters in the Tampa or Clearwater area that run on Thursdays? I looked at some dive shops in the area on the web, and it seems the charters are mostly on weekends. I plan to bring a mask, snorkel, and fins with me, but would need to rent the rest of my gear.

I'm OW certified (got certified last August in Maui, and haven't done any diving since).

I'd really love to do Devil's Den and Blue Grotto that day, but I haven't gotten a reply back from clearwaterdiving.com as to whether or not they have anything that day...

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks and Be well!
JimiH

Devils Den and Blue Grooto are open and you don't need a charter for them. They will rent you the gear you need right there. They both have web sites. I'm sure if you don't have a dive buddy they will be able to produce you one when you get there. As far as charters go - the guys at Scuba Quest in Sarasota told me they are running just about every day of the week out of Marina Jack and if that boat isn't running they have another in Bradenton. Last but not least Florida west Scuba in Venice runs about every day of the week to hunt for sharks teeth. All of the above places rent gear. All have web sites and all have been very nice and helpful when I delt with them. Those are the only ones I can vouch for. Good luck and enjoy your dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom