Any BP/wing divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's always the American River! :rolleyes:

I was up near Auburn on the weekend where the middle and north forks join - there was clear water there at least 8' deep! That's diveable!

But I've been diving in Folsom Lake quite abit lately. It's a "crystal clear" 5-8 feet of visability (unless you silt out the bottom) and plenty deep enough if you find the right entry point. I actually found an old chair and saw one fish (yes that was one fish) two weeks ago. It's ok if you want to get wet and breath underwater, or do some training dives. But other than that it's not that spectacular. If I get down your way I'll email you and maybe we can get some dives in. I'm also going to try and do the fundamentals class at the end of Nov. or the beginning of Dec. so I'll be in Monterey around that time.

A lake, hey? Lake Tahoe is on my list of things to do, but I've never dived in fresh water, or at altitude.

I'm looking to do DIRF in December if I can too.

I've never dove Tahoe or at altitude for that matter. But I'm thinking about doing the altitude class in Tahoe next month but I'm really not not sure if I need the class or training to do altitude dives. I hear Lake Tahoe has incredible visability but is pretty cold. I guess it's a good place to try out my new drysuit.

My FredT heavy and sta arrived today and I've just spent a couple of hours setting it all up. I can't wait to go get a tank and get it wet.

I have a sister that lives in San Francisco and I need an excuse to go visit. I dive with backplate/wings and doubles and I would like to find someone to dive with there .Ocean ,lake ,mud hole,anything as long as it is wet.Feel free to ask me any questions you need to to see if I match your requirements for a buddy.
Joens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom