Any board moderators about? If so, please step into my office.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocVikingo

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
This "scubadiveilat" chap is posting quite a bit of borderline coherent drivel, although this probabaly doesn't violate Scubaboard.com's TOS.
I suspect it's a clumsy attempt at self-promotion. The sheer volume of it makes it difficult to ignore.

DandyDon addressed the urine statement correctly if a little bluntly in that thread. I think the fact that nobody else has bothered to comment is pretty telling - I don't think anybody's taking him seriously.

Last edited:
Actually, it's good for these "myths" to come out so that you can debunk them in a nice way. Peeing on stings is so stinking prevalent and the source of the myth is obviously outside of the Scuba industry. In silencing him, we will actually inhibit the process of eliminating this kind of fallacious thinking.

Also, if a post really does cross the ToS line, Tortuga68 is right: Hit the Report button!

Actually, it's good for these "myths" to come out so that you can debunk them in a nice way....In silencing him, we will actually inhibit the process of eliminating this kind of fallacious thinking...If a post really does cross the ToS line...Hit the Report button.

Hi Pete,

Didn't even realize that we had a Report Button. I've finally found it.

If these sort of posts are of value as teaching tools, perhaps DDM could speak to iodine as excellent for reducing minor bleeding and acting as an antiseptic and the prevention of potential otitis externa using exposure to sunlight.

Thanks,

Doc

Didn't even realize that we had a Report Button. I've finally found it.
They've always been here! Glad you found it!

If these sort of posts are of value as teaching tools, perhaps DDM could speak to iodine as excellent for reducing minor bleeding and acting as an antiseptic and the prevention of potential otitis externa using exposure to sunlight.
Wow. Would you be silent if someone were to suggest such a thing in real life? Do you think that if we IGNORE these misconceptions that they will just go away? There are a lot of things on ScubaBoard that I disagree with which are not dangerous. Censorship would serve no purpose other than to appease my vanity. The great thing about ScubaBoard is the point/counter point nature of a public forum. People express ideas which are supported or rejected by other users. Others come along and READ these points and counter points and make up their own mind about the veracity of either. Failing to offer a counter point enables a fallacious idea to propagate. There is no need to be abusive or condescending towards the other poster when you do this... just give a coherent and lucid argument to support your position and feel good that you have done your part to set the story straight.

The Report button is a little difficult to recognize.
DandyDon addressed the urine statement correctly if a little bluntly in that thread. I think the fact that nobody else has bothered to comment is pretty telling - I don't think anybody's taking him seriously.
Yes, I was blunt - but for a self proclaimed expert to post such drivel? With your username, of course you have to be more polite, but if you check his posting history - he need a warning badge! How do you put a bell on a cat here...?

I agree with Doc V although I am also positive that you will only pour Iodine in an open wound 1 time and that would most definitely be a " learning moment". Sometimes censorship is not a bad thing. Just saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom