Any Ambergris Caye dive ops on this site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are booked for April 28 to May 5 for Ambergris Caye, staying at Sunbreeze Hotel and 4 dives with the package with Ambergris divers. We should have at least 8, possibly up to 12, divers and would like to dive Blue Hole on our off day. I would prefer to give any dive operators that frequent and support this site a shot at the charter first. If no ops are on this site, who else would you recommend for a charter or trip to Blue Hole? The vast majority of divers will be very experienced with little need for "babysitting" on the dive. Cost will be the primary factor considering similar boats and service. Cash is an option.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jay

Ambergris Divers goes out to the Blue Hole unless that's changed recently.

My recommendation is Amigos del Mar, regardless.

We went with ADM and had a great time....prepare for a long ride. The second dive and bird sanctuary stop was better than the hole :wink:

Ambergris Divers goes out to the Blue Hole unless that's changed recently.

My recommendation is Amigos del Mar, regardless.

I'm sure they do. Ambergris was included in the package that we booked with a group of Oklahoma divers. It looks like the going rate for the Hole is right at $300. Since the trip Is optional, I thought I'd start looking with a Scubaboard supporter. Just trying to spend my money "local" so to speak.

Again thanks for your replies. I can dive Cozumel in my sleep and know the island well. Wife wanted to try something different this trip. I'm a "change is bad" kind of guy. Lol.

Thanks again,
Jay

Ralph Capeling with Splash Dive Center in Placencia is the only dive operator who checks in here regularly since Splash is a SB sponsor. So it's unlikely you'll hear from any AC dive ops through this site.

The Blue Hole is definitely different from the drift diving of Cozumel. It's a unique dive in that you'll bounce down to 130 feet and back up quickly. Some folks love it and others think it's a waste of time. But all agree it's the first dive of a great day of diving. Lighthouse Caye, where you'll have lunch, will make you feel like you're at the edge of the world.

Have a good trip!

I really loved ReefAdventures - Reef Adventures - Belize

Ched Cebral is awesome. I love the small groups and the personalized attention.

I hate cattle boat operations, but it is a necessary evil for Blue Hole, and you'll be on Amigo Del Mar's big boat. It's comfortable. I would NOT book blue hole in advance - you'll save alot of money booking on site F2F where you can negotiate. Expect quotes $180 (F2F) to $300 (online).

Following this thread...
We're going to Belize next week! A friend offered to stay at her resort so we have lodging; however, it's very remote almost to the end of AC (Tranquility Bay Resort). I know we'll have to get closer into town for any di op to pick us up.
Seeking suggestions, please.

Following this thread...
We're going to Belize next week! A friend offered to stay at her resort so we have lodging; however, it's very remote almost to the end of AC (Tranquility Bay Resort). I know we'll have to get closer into town for any di op to pick us up.
Seeking suggestions, please.
White Sands was very good. I think they are also furthest north from town, other that Tranquilly Bay. See my trip report. Trip report - Ambergris Caye, White Sands - April 2017. I have no connection to them other than diving there. They had good reviews in the Belize forum history.

Sorry for the additional reply - almost all of the people selling blue hole trips put you on amigo del mars boat. there are not many operators with boats capable of reaching blue hole

jayfarmlaw, before you decide to go with Ambergris Divers, check the boat that they are going to take out to the Blue Hole and then go and check out the boat that Amigos Del Mar are going to take out to the Blue Hole. Then decide who to book with.

Back
Top Bottom