Any amateur radio people here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, any body else find themselves coping the Bojangles radio add with the CW in it......and yes I know what it says, although at 35 wpm or so it's a little faster than I use to be so I had to copy it a few times. :)
I need to dust off the old Brown brother paddles and pound a little brass again.

Tech, KL1MD.

Haven't been very active, need to get back into it.

Josh

Extra, KB8LXC.

I haven't been very active lately as I have been focusing on diving, but I check into the local nets as time allows.

No substitute to finding a good elmer. Mine coached me all the way to extra in under a year. And that was back when you had to copy code.

73 de AI4KW

Any NSA Ham Radio club members out there?

Been anywhere interesting or heard anything spooky lately?:wink:

I had a pretty easy time with the extra because of my background (computer engineering), plus I didn't have to copy code. I keep thinking I should learn CW, but I can't come up with a good reason other than flashing my lights at people with ham license plates to get them to turn on their sets on I-5.
KJ6AQR

My father was---WB5WEM, whiskey before 5 whiskey every morning, was he call out.....Silent Key since 2000......:(

EDIT:...took me a few moments but remember now, ran a Kenwood(forget which model)...Last one bought ~ 1995 or so.....Do remember(cuz I had one too & he & I would outlaw HF back in the 80's)his very 1st one after becoming a ham was a Siltronix 1011 Charlie.....loved that little radio..lol

Slow code extra. Our club is W1SRG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom