Trip Report Antigua Scuba School - Antigua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wants2divemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was in Antigua on Jan 29th on a cruise and dove with ASS.

Bottom line: Good experience, would dive with again.

Meeting location: Jolly Harbour (25 minute taxi ride from cruise pier).

Boat: 6 divers max, covered deck area, no restroom.

Briefing: Covered boat safety and dive plan.

Dive sites dove (they have many different ones, decide which ones to dive the day of):
Lobster ledge: Reef dive with lots of marine life, 70’ depth
Coral alley: Reef dive with lots of marine life, 50’ depth

Dives: Group dive of 6 divers with 2 guides. No buddies established, just everyone stayed somewhat close together. Water and snacks provided during surface interval.

Comments: Small family operation, great experience, easy to book with, would use again.

Did you get a sense of whether any of the other divers on the boat were there for multi-day diving, or were they all cruise divers?

I'd like to know if Antigua is more popular than seems to be known as a dive destination, or at least as a 'diving + topside stuff' destination for people spending a week or so there, versus mainly a cruise port diving option.

I rarely see Antigua trip reports here. Rarely like in hardly ever at all.

There were 2 cruise ship divers (myself and someone else). The only other person on the dive (that I can remember) was there for the week on vacation.

Back
Top Bottom