Anti-freeze cap for Poseidon Odin/Jetstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nessmiller

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am presently diving a Poseidon Jetstream/Odin regulator and I am very happy with it. My question is whether or not it would be worthwhile to install an anti-freeze cap on it. The water temperature for most of my diving is around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I am more interested in keeping stuff out of the 1st stage as compared to anti-freezing protection in particular. The smallish pressure equalization hole makes me a little nervous sometimes. Any information would be appreciated.

I've used my Cyklons in a lot of thick crap, from mud to suspended sand, never had a problem with crud getting inside. Just be sure to rinse well.
If you get into water 40 degrees or below, it's time to start thinking antifreeze. I preferred rum, it hid the rubber taste better than vodka for the after dive anti-freezing of the diver.
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom