Anti-Fogging Treatments for New Masks. (a comparison of techniques)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! I sold my double HP119's last year. It is a rite of passage.

Email @Eric Sedletzky and get a BP that suits you...

I have a Freedom Plate. I also have a CCR. I was carrying the double 120s for a buddy, dropping them off at the shop to get filled, because I could get by during the day and my buddy could not.

Ha! I sold my double HP119's last year. It is a rite of passage.

Email @Eric Sedletzky and get a BP that suits you...

ps. When I'm not fighting an injury, I can still handle carrying double 120s on my back just fine. Apparently, the problem is when I pick them up with one hand and carry them from the parking lot all the way into the back of the shop to the fill station. *sigh* Getting old sucks!

Well... I had an MRI yesterday... Dang it...

Apparently, I am now too old/fat/out of shape to carry double 120s in one hand any more...

You just need to dive more: weightlessness removes the load from intervertebral discs and core muscles and lets them relax and stretch and recover.

(Don't ask how I know)

You just need to dive more: weightlessness removes the load from intervertebral discs and core muscles and lets them relax and stretch and recover.

(Don't ask how I know)

My results are in. I am skeptical that going diving is going to fix an "extensive complex SLAP tear of the labrum".

I'm awarding my GP Understatement of the Week. His note at the end of the radiology report: "This is not a normal MRI." :rofl3::rofl3:

My results are in. I am skeptical that going diving is going to fix an "extensive complex SLAP tear of the labrum".

Ugh. And here I thought my muscles were too big for my brain...

I'm awarding my GP Understatement of the Week. His note at the end of the radiology report: "This is not a normal MRI." :rofl3::rofl3:
I am in week 5 Post-Op for shoulder reconstruction surgery that included repair of a complete tear of the labrum (it was just flapping in the wind so to speak...).

Get the surgery done as soon as possible if you want to dive. I expect to be able to dive in mid-August so long as I maintain my intense PT schedule.

Thanks for welcoming me to the thread but this is not my first post in this thread. And yes, I was hoping the "bump" would help jumpstart it again.

As an aside, I have a new Atomic Subframe mask that I just put new lenses in (had readers installed on them) and my first trip in the pool with it, it fogged like crazy. I thought maybe since the lenses weren't in the mask when it was made that it might not have the fogging issues of a frameless. Wrong!
So, before hitting the lake this past weekend, I took my lenses out, flamed them, reinstalled them and ran the mask through the dishwasher. Did the same with my wife's new frameless mask (can't remember the brand).
I'm happy to report that both masks performed flawlessly during our lake dives!
I'm still very curious to see how the rest of this thread's experiments turn out but for me, I may have found my final method. I mean, if it works, why keep going, right?
I have a brand new Tusa Paragon mask that has the fancy UV 420 Lens Treatment. I usually flame new mask lenses, but I am hesitant to flame the new Paragon due to the treated lenses. Flaming has always worked very well for me, however, I have never owned a mask with treated lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom