Anti-Fogging Treatments for New Masks. (a comparison of techniques)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a large explosion at the NASA SpaceX launch site last week just feet from the ocean in Florida. Maybe Lowviz is doing final testing !!

It's been 5 weeks. How's he doing?

I just spoke with @lowviz

He's still alive. The Florida explosions do not appear to be related to his mask testing. :D Life has gotten in the way. He'll be back to the mask testing and SB within the next week or two.
Florida explosions? I don't watch the news, but I'm not finding it on google.

Florida explosions? I don't watch the news, but I'm not finding it on google.

It was something a previous poster referenced. Lowviz has stuff going on. I’ll see him in two months and I’m sure I’ll get the full story then.

In the meantime, I have one of the Mako masks, like what Lowviz is testing. I have always had trouble with it fogging.

I ran it through the dishwasher and it has been VASTLY better since.

In the meantime, I have one of the Mako masks, like what Lowviz is testing. I have always had trouble with it fogging.

I ran it through the dishwasher and it has been VASTLY better since.
Stuart
Do you flame your masks?

Flamed the Mako mask several times and it still wanted to fog.

I’ve gotten messages asking how Lowviz is doing. He’s perfectly fine, but a lot of family stuff going on. He’s not even lurked on SB in months. I’ll be seeing him in a few weeks, and I’ll let him know folks have been asking about him.

He did finally find a match for his one LP50 tank and he’s putting them together for baby doubles. Tickled pink he’s got his set now. :D

Back
Top Bottom