Anthony's KR vs. Hamanasi vs. Roberts Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure you're right, RoatanMan, as my own experience at other "full service" resorts has been similar. I would always go for the more challenging destination, but big resorts have to manage "throughput" without risk or delays, it seems. Will hope to get one or two longer trips in at AKR, if I can get there.

Stargazer:
I'm sure you're right, RoatanMan, as my own experience at other "full service" resorts has been similar. I would always go for the more challenging destination, but big resorts have to manage "throughput" without risk or delays, it seems. Will hope to get one or two longer trips in at AKR, if I can get there.

Sign up for the "whole day" trips right away... then encourage your new dive buddies to join by educating them with the possibilities~ do a little sales work for the resort by encouraging participation. It's a tough sell- most people are happy with what they know.

Barbaretta is one place I have seen very interesting critters! Most notable in the shallow flats between the tips of the two islands- most people think this is the far East end of Roatan, but this tip is made up of two land masses of a different name- Morat and Santa Helena. Rays and Sharks are not uncommon.

Cayos always seemed like quite a haul for very little in return. The sea-mounts, in and of themselves, are interesting diving architecture, but suffice to say- if it's an easy haul one way on this thrirty mile trip, it's going to be a bear on the other half of the voyage!

Best advice: stick with a competent DM who goes out of their way to show you the cool small stuff.

Report back here with how it went.

Thanks a lot for all the advice, RoatanMan, will get back with the outcome, but it will be next December!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom