Anthony's Key Resort - Key Deluxe Bungalows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottsdaleSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody stay on the key, specifically in a "Key Deluxe Bungalow" (The over-water bungalows)? I'm looking for comments on location. Not that you have any control, but if you did, where would you pick? Seems like it would be convenient to be close to the water taxi, but maybe other spots are better for whatever reason?
20220405_065320.jpg

Won't matter....I stayed in #42...literally 3 minute walk to taxi...nothing on the island is more than a few minutes from anything. They are all quiet, private, and worth every penny.

Sure, if someone else was paying, and especially now that they've relocated the dining area lower, I'd stay on the Key for sure. We stayed on the hill because it was less expensive, and we had done the "room-on-pilings-over-the-water" thing in Asia. Been there, done that, just wanted a place to crash between dive days. I guess that's why our next trip we went to CocoView.

I stayed in #32 and on a previous trip up on the side of the hill. If I were to go back I would prefer to be up on the hill rather than out on the key. For me more comfortable, bugs were less of a threat, and no sand rubbing my feet raw.

Close to the water taxi is best, then a straight shot to the other side for the new dining hall. I was in #19. If you go any farther towards the back of the property, it's a bit of a walk in the sand. I usually kept my booties on to walk back and forth to the room when diving.

Because of a disability, I have trouble walking (but not diving). Stayed in 56 and 54 and was very grateful for the short walk.

Because of a disability, I have trouble walking (but not diving). Stayed in 56 and 54 and was very grateful for the short walk.
My wife has similar issues (trouble walking, no trouble diving), so thanks for the advice!

Were you able to request a bungalow close to the water taxi ahead of the trip? Or was it "luck of the draw" and based on availability once you arrived on the property?

I stayed in #32 and on a previous trip up on the side of the hill. If I were to go back I would prefer to be up on the hill rather than out on the key. For me more comfortable, bugs were less of a threat, and no sand rubbing my feet raw.
Are you saying that bugs are less of a threat on the main island vs. out on the key?? I would have thought the opposite: fewer trees + more wind = less bugs on the key.

There are bugs, but the "no-seeums" that are the main culprits are what's known as "sand fleas" and seem to be concentrated more around the water's edge .... Staying up on the hill I never really noted them that bad. Staying on the key I did.

But up on the hillside we had helpers:

1716128427236.png

We’ve had helpers on the key too, unfortunately they were fruit eating bats not bug eating bats. We would find a little pile of rinds and shells on the deck in the morning where they dropped them. Cute little guys.

Back
Top Bottom