Anthony's Key or Fantasy Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmcdds

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on which of these resorts would be better suited to a family of newer divers. My son and I have been diving for almost 2 years, while my wife and daughter are newly certified (AOW). We're planning on heading to Roatan for spring break this year and have narrowed our choices down to these two resorts. Any input would be appreciated.

I dove Anthony's Key Resort last week and thought it was execellent. I'd sure like to go back and stay a week. The dive site's where some of the best I've ever dove.... Don't know about Fantasty Island.... but I think your family will love Anthony's Key.

I stayed at Fantasy Island Last Year and really loved it. The rooms aren't quite as nice as Anthony's (We stopped by and looked)

But the house reef (Coco's View) is one of the best. we put in 25+ dives on the trip and 1/2 of them were right off the shore. You dive from a gazebo that is about a 5 minute walk from the rooms / Dive shop. the dive has the "Prince Albert Wreck" Which you will find is one of the best of Roatans Wrecks, there is also a DC3 Plane wreck and some great reef. you can see them all in one dive if you work it right. We saw 15-20 Octopus during our dives there (Mostly night)

The Dive boats are alright (Not too fast). see if you can get over to the winward side of the Island for some dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom