Anthony Key's Buy One Get One Free 2019 Details - No Single Supplement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other thought on the BOGO vs single pricing. We wanted to go and stay in a Key Superior room along with our (adult) grandson. The plan was all three of us would be in one room. Pricing was $2500 for my wife and I. Pricing to have our grandson stay in our room was another $2500. Price to have him stay in his own cottage $2500. Crazy to me that there is no break for adding a 3rd person in your room. With the way the pricing is, we decided to get two rooms and find another person to come along (essentially for free).

Really? Did you work with a travel agent or just try to book online?

What I don't understand is, why would anyone ever go to Anthony's Key by oneself, when they have a 2-for-1 offer? Yes, there would be no single supplement, but where's the fun in going alone when you could bring a friend for free?

My wife and I have been to CoCoView once, and to AKR once. We enjoyed them both. We travel on a budget, so given the 2-for-1 pricing, we'd pick AKR over CCV every time. If you took away the discount, it's a tossup. CCV has a more accessible and protected house reef, with a wreck parked right out front, and a generally better organized and convenient dive operation. CCV is just awesome if you want to dive solo, it's very geared to that. But the south side of Roatan has been heavily fished, and you won't find much big stuff at CCV's reers. (It's often described as "great for macro" which is a euphemism for "way overfished.") AKR has much "fishier" reefs on the north end, but their shore diving is more limited. Cabins and food are good at both. Not super luxurious, but solid. But like I say, if you are on a budget AKR is a much better deal.

I just back from AKR a little over a week ago. I went down with a big University-based group (29 of us) with mixed experience levels. I found AKR to be a great operation. Our captains and DM's were top notch, accommodations we're great (my GF and I stayed in a Key Superior room), and the food and drink were good. Above that, the staff were friendly and accommodating and made a week of diving with a big group pretty painless. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend AKR to anyone. I think the value is great (regardless of whether the BOGO deal is really a deal or not).

We unfortunately had a member of our group suffer a minor leg injury aboard one of the dive boats at no fault of the captain, DM, or anyone at AKR. It was simply an accident. She wasn't able to dive the last three days of the trip but AKR comped her a full week trip whenever she wants it. It was a very generous gesture. That alone ranks AKR as a top notch operation in my book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom